Or you can call it an Oreo Mousse Cake, if you like it better that way.
But taste-wise, its still a Cookies ‘n’ Cream Mousse Cake.
And its good.
Its not exactly healthy. But health doesn’t come into equation when we’re talking Cookies ‘n’ Cream or Oreos.
So have 2 slices. Or 3. Or 4. No one’s watching. Be rest assured that these are at least void of butter/margarine/oil/whatever else (except in the Oreos).
Please use vegan Oreos for a vegan option. (if Oreos aren’t vegan– are they?)
Recipes can be found at the following sites:
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Mousse Cake
No. of servings: 6
Refer to Janine’s Recipe using a round cake pan instead and changing the baking time to 15 minutes. 10g peanut flour can be substituted for 1og all-purpose flour.
For Cookies ‘n’ Cream Mousse
- 285 g/ 10 oz silken tofu, drained of liquid and pat dry
- 237 g/ 8.3 oz white chocolate, room temperature
- 2 Oreos (fillings removed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp soy milk/skim milk
- 4 Oreos (fillings removed)
- 12 drops stevia OR 2 tbsp agave syrup OR pure maple syrup OR soy creamer OR low fat condensed milk
- pinch salt
Note that a hand mixer can be used in place of the stand mixer for this recipe.
Bake cake according to chosen recipe. Do not remove from cake pan.
For Cookies ‘n’ Cream Mousse:
- break white chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Melt in double boiler/microwave OR Boil some water and pour into sauce pan. Place another bowl over the sauce pan without its bottom touching water in sauce pan. Add white chocolate and stir every few minutes to allow chocolate to melt completely.
- In a blender/food processor, add all remaining ingredients for mousse (EXCEPT last 4 Oreos) and the melted chocolate.
- Blend till smooth
- Sort of crumble last 2 Oreos (to give small pieces NOT powder) and mix them into the blended mixture.
- Pour Cookies ‘n’ Cream mousse over the cake in cake pan.
- Freeze for first 4 hours, then transfer to refrigerator. I took these photos after only 2 hours on the freezer and they were still ugly and runny. They were perfect after 4 hours in the freezer.
Have fun cookies ‘n’ creaming!