My first BAGUETTE
I love baguettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finished 3/4 of one large one on the way home a couple of months ago.
My brother loves baguettes.
He finished 1 large baguette for tea break.
My mom and dad love baguettes.
They finished 1 gigantic baguette together.
My family loves baguettes.
We finished 4 baguettes in less than 30 minutes.
We blame it on our genes.
I baked baguettes today. With wholemeal flour too. I couldn’t help it. Really. 100% white flour? Just kill me. No way. So obviously I had to change the recipe. And again risk failure
I got my baguettes. My mum and I finished all of them before my dad could even snick a bite.
I’ll make them again.
After all, my family loves baguettes.
Bake wholemeal BAGUETTES
Adapted from Steamy Kitchen
Instant Yeast ½ tsp Salt ½ tsp Bread Flour ¾ cup Wholemeal flour ¼ cup Warm Water ¾ cup Sugar ½ tsp
1. Mix yeast, flours, salt and sugar together till even
2. Add all the water and mix with a dough hook at medium speed for 3 minutes. Add additional water/flour 1 tablespoon at a time if the dough is too dry/wet.
3. Let dough rest for 5 minutes. You can wash your utensils.
4. Continue mixing with dough hook for 5 minutes.
5. Flip dough onto a floured surface. Shape it into a ball. Put it in a floured bowl and cover with wet towel.
6. Place it in an oven with a bowl of hot water in it. Let rise for 1 ½ hours.
7. Cut dough into 2 portions and roll each portion into a ball. Using a rolling pin, spread it into an oval shape. From one long end of the oval, roll the dough to form a weird rod. Seal the edges together tightly. Cut 3-4 cuts on each loaf with a knife. Place on a baking sheet that has non- stick paper on it and cover with wet cloth. Preheat oven to 220 °C. Let rest for 30 minutes.
Preparing the pan
Spread sheet over baking pan and press down nicely
Demerara sugar 2 tbs (1 per loaf) Water (in a spray bottle)
Spray the loaves with water and sprinkle them with the sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes.
These baguettes are going to yeastspotting!