With yogurt, bananas, whole wheat, raisins/chocolate chips, what more can you ask from a perfectly nutritious breakfast? It even keeps well too– for about 5 days refrigerated. I’m having these for breakfast this week! The original recipe is from greenlightbites. Roni, the blogger, is incredibly good in giving recipes makeovers to make them healthy. I really admire her for that!
Here‘s the original recipe. I changed it a little as some of the ingredients are not readily available here in Singapore and others because I don’t have them.
Perfect-4-Breakfast Banana Bread
|Whole wheat bread flour||1 cup|
|Baking soda||1.5 tsp|
|Maple syrup||1 tbs|
|Black sugar||1 tbs|
|Plain yogurt||0.5 cup|
|Skim milk (or any liquid)||1 tsp (or less)|
|Vanilla essence||5 drops|
|Raisins/ Chocolate chips||4 tbs|
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Spray your baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or spread with baking paper and set aside. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Sift and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the applesauce, egg, maple syrup, sugar, yogurt, milk and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth. Mix in the chocolate chips/ raisins.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baking It will be thick, just spread it across the bottom with a spatula.
- Bake for 60 minutes (more or less depending on the size of your pan. Mine took 60 minutes) before attempting to remove it from the pan. (to check for doneness, poke a chopstick/ toothpick into the cake. it is don if the chopstick/toothpick comes out clean)