Bread is a perfect breakfast good. But ‘perfect’ is not enough. What matters is ‘perfecting perfection’– quoting a wonderful Mr **** in my school. Perfecting perfection… with an amalgamation of oatmeal and muffins. Nutrition, health, low GI, low fat, fruity… I WANT MY BREAKFAST FOR DINNER. Give me 45 minutes, inclusive of baking time, and there goes your breakfast for the next few days…
Been busy with talking lately. Broke my water record. Six 600ml bottles of water in a morning. Anyways, Roni did it again. Love her recipes! Introducing her BANANA OATMEAL CUPS with chocolate chips and raisins. Sorry. Can’t go on typing anymore. I’m floating… floating to heaven… YUM!
Banana Only Oatmeal Oatmuffins
From Roni’s website (THANK YOU RONI!!!)
|Mashed bananas||1 medium (about 120g)|
|Skimmed milk||1/3 cup|
|Rolled oats||1 cup|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1/3 tsp|
|Semi- sweet chocolate chips||1 ½ tsp|
|Raisins||1 ½ tsp|
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Stir the bananas, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium/large bowl
3. Mix together dry ingredient evenly in a large bowl. Add to liquids and stir till evenly distributed.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins into the batter
5. Pour batter into muffin cups or you can even make bars.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. You will see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch. The muffins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit.