The Oatmeal Bowl I couldn’t finish.
Chocolate Oatmeal Hurricane
No. of servings: 1
- 40g quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 banana (sliced)
- 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
For Chocolate ganache
- 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup/ agave syrup
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp black soy bean flour/ soy bean flour/ cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/ extract (optional)
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients and cook at medium heat.
- Keep stirring to keep oatmeal from getting burnt.
- Watch the oatmeal gets thicker and thicker!
- When its no longer watery but creamy, turn off the heat and let the oatmeal to stand for a couple of minutes.
- You’ll get a SUPER bowl of oatmeal. Really! The banana is optional, I didn’t liked it cooked but many bloggers like it because it gives the oats an extra creamy consistency! To add or not to add? Your call!
For Chocolate Ganache
- 1 tbsp Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 Oreo Sandwich, Crushed into smithereens
Pour chocolate ganache onto oatmeal. Sprinkle crushed oreo sandwich and add peanut butter.
Oatmeal for lunch?
Yep, it was lunch 😀
We hate Hurricanes.
We love Chocolate.
We love Oats.
Guess this particular hurricane isn’t that bad after all! 😀
wow sounds dangerous (:
OMG, that looks soooo good! Hmmm dinner??? Maybe I will add a little flax to make myself feel better about eating it for dinner. Nice post!
Thanks!!!!! 😀 😀
holy flipping cow!!! the title alone sucked me in like a chocolate vortex!!! and the crushed oreo’s…luv it!! haha. actually it reminds me when i was in grammar school and we’d make those ‘dirt cups’ with the crushed cookies, pudding, and the gummy worms. 🙂
this one i like more cuz it’s healthy and if it’s oatmeal that means i can have it for breakfast! 🙂
Thanks Cait! The ‘dirt cups’ sound so good!!! 😀